Friday, March 24, 2017

Z-Fold Peacock Mom Card (#12/52) {03.24.2017}

Another card for Mommy! This one was a newish technique for me. I made a Z-Fold card. Here is the card that I made.

To make this card, I started with a 12"x12" piece of paper. I cut it on a slant, so that the back of the card would be taller than the front. Then, I punched the top edge (the edge that was on the angle) with a border punch. I scored the card at 4" and 8". Then, fold it up into a Z and that is the base and it is ready to go! I cut patterned paper to fit each panel, and die cut some more patterned paper into label die shapes. I also cut some patterned paper with a roll-up rose die and rolled it into a rose. Here is the card folded shut.

I stamped the sentiment from Lawn Fawn's Happy Happy Happy stamp set with Versamark Ink, and then sprinkled on Mediterranean embossing powder from Sparkle N Sprinkle, and heat set it.

Here is what it looks like opened. The shortest panel is on the front, the middle section is also decorated, and the peacock tallest section is the back of the card.

Here is a top view, to show how it looks when it is folded out.

I really like the colors on this card, and I think Mom will too. She loves blue, and this has a lot of blue shades. She also likes peacocks. They are such beautiful birds!

Thanks for stopping by. Have a magical day!

-Chris

Sparkle N Sprinkle compensated links are used when possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment