Monday, October 31, 2016

Sparkle N Sprinkle November 2016 Reveal {11.01.2016}

Welcome to Sparkle N Sprinkle's
November 1 New Reveal Blog Hop!


We have seven new stamp sets to share with you today.  These new sets are 20% off until the 3rd of the month.  So once you finish the blog hop, head on over to the store and start shopping.  All of the new sets are available on cling mounted rubber or as a digital image.  

The sets are:


 Winter Birdhouse 803   (digi version DIGI803)
  Stella - Dear Santa 804   (digi version DIGI804)
   Christmas Tags #2 806   (digi version DIGI806)
Festive Lantern 808   (digi version DIGI808)
Winter Blue Jay 809   (digi version DIGI809)
Grumpy Goose 823    (digi version DIGI823)
Mr. Snowflake DIGI3127   (digi only)


On Nov 3rd, ONE GRAND PRIZE WINNER will be selected from the comments left on the Designers' blogs listed below. Please leave a comment with each Designer in order to be eligible for the Grand Prize.  You never know who the Mystery Designer will be that has the winning comment.

The Grand Prize Winner, which will be announced on the SNS Facebook page and on the SNS Blog, will receive ALL of the new stamp sets released this month (or the digi versions, if preferred).


The Blog Hop order this month is:

Diane
Anne
Eret
Chris <<<This is me!
Belinda
Jess
Shona


(*Tip: if you have difficulty with a particular link, try clicking on the Designer's blog title to send you to their Home page.)



We hope you enjoy the New Reveal Blog Hop as much as we do.  Thanks for joining us and remember to comment on each of the Designers' blogs to be eligible for the Grand Prize.  
 Wonder who the Mystery Host will be this month????


The Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge also begins today.  There are lots of prizes and recognition badges.  Come check out how you can become a SNS Featured Artist as well.  The theme is always Anything Goes using Loose Glitter, Embossing Powder, and/or Flock.


Have you checked out the SNS YouTube Channel featuring Demo Donna?  If not, then you are in for a real treat.  Subscribe today to get all the latest Demo Donna tips and techniques!







 

The next stop on our blog hop is Belinda. I know she has something incredible to show you, and I know you will love it!

Now, back to my project. I used the  Winter Birdhouse 803 stamp set. Here it is.
I stamped out the image and started coloring with colored pencils. Once it was colored, I die cut the card panel and then started blinging up the images with glitter. Here is the sweet little birdie. I used the Nuvo Glue Pen Fine to roll out adhesive where I wanted glitter, and then dusted on Raspberry Soda on his hat, Misty Blue on his wings, and Tiger Orange on his boots and beak.  

I repeated the same system, Nuvo Glue Pen Fine to roll out adhesive and I used Sparkling Snow for the snow and ice icicles on the bird house, and more Raspberry Soda on his long sleeping cap.

Here is another photo of the snow and more of the Sparkling Snow glitter. Also, it shows the Aquamarine glitter I used on the bird's scarf.

I die cut a frame from blue cardstock.Then, I die cut another frame in the same shape but solid, after I had adhered strips of 1/2" Double sided "Tear-ific" Tape along the edges. Here is what the solid frame looked like.
After die cutting the frame shapes, I burnished on Autumn Medley glitter into the 1/2" Double sided "Tear-ific" Tape. Then, I layered the blue cardstock frame over this, and came up with this. I love the sparkle!

Here it is all layered together. So much fun! Love all the sparkle and the way the colors all come together.

Here is another photo of the full card. Once I layered it all together, I wanted to help highlight the snow flake theme. I die cut some snow flakes from white cardstock. Then, I rubbed some Blue Topaz Nuvo Glimmer Paste into some of the flakes, and Pure Platinum Nuvo Embellishment Mousse into others. I adhered the snowflakes onto the card panel with Brushable Glue. These really made the snowflakes really pretty! Those birds in the bird house make me so happy!

This stamp set is really cool. I love the birds. They look so happy!

Thanks for stopping by. Have a magical day!

-Chris

22 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card Chris, with all the glittery sparkle. Those little birds do look so happy, don't they!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative and so very pretty...love all your glittery goodness...those birds are the cutest!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card and I love all the step by step photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really enjoy this card and the creative framing. Also love the glitter (I am a fool for glitter) Love learning new ways to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A girl can never have too much glitter! I am loving the Nuvo line of products, especially the embellishment mousse, and the crystal drops are amazing. Love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Chris! I LOVE LOVE LOVE that you have blown up the digital image, and created a close-up look "peeking" into the bird house! Darling and Sparkling, it's a wonderful creation! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute image. Love the little birds peeking out of the house. Lovely bling. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Birds are my favorite and sure do love this cute image! Love the sparkle too! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the layering of the glitter paper behind
    the die cut framing. The coloring is wonderful.
    Great card.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. SUPER CUTE stamp and card!!!
    LOVE your colouring and SPARKLE!!!
    THANK YOU for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Darling card. I was surprised that you could cover the smaller areas so well the glitter. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was on the fence about this set till I saw this awesome card!! LOVE the colors and the snowflakes are the perfect finishing touch along with lots of sparkle!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card! So many elements and luscious texture!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card Chris I like the framing you did and those lil' birds are just too cute with there hats, scarfs and earmuffs on. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How cute it is! Love your coloring and added sparkle. Those snowflakes are perfect to finish off your amazing card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the little birds , amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sweet projects. I love all of the sparkle. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super sweet card, Chris! Great die cut background and love the dimension and sparkle you have added!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is the cutest stamp! Love all of the glitter goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  20. How sweet is this!! Love your colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fabulous card and great sparkle! Thanks for a fun hop!

    ReplyDelete