Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Sparkle N Sprinkle Elephant Christmas Tree [10.12.2016]

As a Designer for Sparkle N Sprinkle, I get the pleasure and honor of creating cards with the new monthly releases. Today, I have a fun card to show you from the October Sparkle N Sprinkle Release. I made a card using the digital version of the Elephant Christmas Tree stamp set. Let's check it out.

I printed out two copies the color version of the image on white cardstock. I trimmed down one of the images to a card front size. I fussy cut out all three of the stockings from the extra image, used the Fine Nuvo Glue Pen to roll on some adhesive, then sprinkled on Easy Green semi-transparent glitter on some stocking parts, and Collegiate Garnet glitter on others. I also added some Twinkling Clouds Sparkle N Soft to the tops of the stockings. I used foam adhesive to pop up the stockings a bit and adhered them onto the card panel. Look at all the fun depth and sparkle!

802_elephanttree_02_stockings
I also decorated the top of the tree. I love stars on tops of trees, and this one is really fun! I fussy cut out the tree image from my second print out, adhered glue with the Fine Nuvo Glue Pen to the star topper, and sprinkled on Mimosa Sparkle N Soft. This gave the star some sparkly and soft goodness. So fun!
802_elephanttree_03_star
I also blinged up the tree. More Fine Nuvo Glue Pen was applied, and I bedazzled up the ornaments with glitter. I used Enlightened Blue for the blue ornaments and Collegiate Garnet for the red ones. I also used more Mimosa Sparkle N Soft  on the stars. I popped up the tree with foam adhesive and adhered it over the tree on the card panel. This made the tree pop and sparkle!
802_elephanttree_04_tree
I also decorated up the sweet little elephant. One of my favorite things with the elephant was his teeny tiny heart on his bum. I pulled out my trusty Fine Nuvo Glue Pen again and rolled out some adhesive on his heart. I sprinkled on more Collegiate Garnet, and viola! Shiny, glittery heart!
802_elephanttree_05_heart
I also went to town on the Santa cap on the elephant's head. I whipped out my trusty Fine Nuvo Glue Pen again and made it sparkly with some Twinkling Clouds Sparkle N Soft. Sparkle N Soft brings a subtler amount of sparkle combined with a softer and poofier texture than pure glitter. It is the perfect embellishment for the cap!
802_elephanttree_06_hatglitter
The last addition to my cute and adorable elephant was to paint his toe nails! I used my favorite adhesive, the Fine Nuvo Glue Pen and sprinkled on Sonic Silver microfine glitter. These made his toes so cute! I also added a bit more sparkle (truly, I can't ever get enough!) by drawing the Fine Nuvo Glue Pen around the edges of the card panel, and added a strip of 1/4" Double sided "Tear-ific" Tape around the edges of the card base. I sprinkled more Collegiate Garnet around the edges, and my card was done. 
802_elephanttree_07_toes
This was such a fun card to make. The elephant is too cute, and the tree is a lot of fun. I know you will love it too! Give it a try :)
Thanks for stopping by!
Chris

3 comments:

  1. Super cute and creative card Chris....love, love the idea of how you fussy cut some of the image out...just makes it all 'pop' and of course all the 'sparkle' is fabulous, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sparkly sensation! Love the way you've popped up the pieces. Total cuteness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute. Love all the added sparkle and the dimension.

    ReplyDelete