Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Sparkle N Sprinkle September Reveal [08.31.2016]

Welcome to Sparkle N Sprinkle's 
September 1 New Reveal Blog Hop!

We have four new rubber stamp sets to share with you today and one new digi-only stamp set.  These new sets are 20% off until the 3rd of the month.  So once you finish the blog hop, head on over to the store and start shopping.  All of the new sets are available on cling mounted rubber or as a digital image.

The sets are:




Puppy Girl 793   (digi version DIGI793)
Crafting Is Exercise 795   (digi version DIGI795)
Halloween Cat 799   (digi version DIGI799)
Stella-Call Me Witch 800   (digi version DIGI800)
Fruit Note  DIGI3126 (digi only)

On Sept 3rd, ONE GRAND PRIZE WINNER will be selected from the comments left on the Designers' blogs listed below. Please leave a comment with each Designer in order to be eligible for the Grand Prize. You never know who the Mystery Designer will be that has the winning comment.

The Grand Prize Winner, which will be announced on the SNS Facebook page and on the SNS Blog, will receive ALL of the new stamp sets released this month (or the digi versions, if preferred).

The Blog Hop order this month is:

Eret
Anne
Chris
Diane
Shona
Belinda
Jess
(*Tip: if you have difficulty with a particular link, try clicking on the Designer's blog title to send you to their Home page.)


We hope you enjoy the New Reveal Blog Hop as much as we do.  Thanks for joining us and remember to comment on each of the Designers' blogs to be eligible for the Grand Prize. You must comment on each blog to be eligible for the prize! Wonder who the Mystery Host will be this month????



The Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge also begins today.  There are lots of prizes and recognition badges.  Come check out how you can become a SNS Featured Artist as well.  The theme is always Anything Goes using Loose Glitter, Embossing Powder, and/or Flock.
>

 

Have you checked out the SNS YouTube Channel featuring Demo Donna?  If not, then you are in for a real treat.  Subscribe today to get all the latest Demo Donna tips and techniques!


My project for the September Reveal was the Puppy Girl stamp set. For this project, I used both the rubber stamp version and the DIGI793. Here is the card project I made.
To make this card, I sized and printed out the girl and doggie image in the color digi version. Then, I started decorating! I actually printed out two color images and fussy cut out some of the accessories and popped them up over the original image to make it more fun. You can see the bow in her hair that has some dimension. I used the new Nuvo Glue Pen Fine to draw on some adhesive, and then sprinkled on glitter. For her hair, I sprinkled on some Gold Dust Glitter. Her hair bows are glittered up with Bridal Glitter.    
I also fussy cut the sweet little dog and layered it over the card panel image for added dimension. I also glittered up the dog too. I used the Surf Semi-transparent Glitter for the dog body, and I used Bubble Gum Semi-transparent Glitter. Here is what the doggie looked like! I also layered a fussy cut shoe bow to give more dimension to the shoe, and I glittered it up with Gypsy Red Velvet Glitter
For the sentiment, I used the rubber stamp set. I cut apart the sentiment so I could stack it instead of using it in one long strip. Cutting apart stamps is really easy and it is a great way to get a little extra mileage from your stamps and be able to use specific words or a different shape of the words
. I stamped the sentiment with Versamark Ink and then sprinkled over White Detail Embossing Powder. And, then I die cut out a heart shape around the sentiment.
Sparkle N Sprinkle is always coming out with new embossing powders and glitters ... and one of the new glitter colors is Denim. I LOVE it! I used my new favorite adhesive on this too, the new Nuvo Glue Pen Fine to draw on some adhesive. It rolls on like buttah! I drew on some adhesive on the girl's jeans. I left some space along the edges and detail to allow all of those details to show through, since this glitter is opaque. Here are what her pants look like.
I also decorated up a smaller heart on the card too. I squeezed some of the Nuvo Crystal Drops - Morning Dew over a small heart. Check this out! I also squeezed on some drops of Nuvo Crystal Drops - Morning Dew along the edge to give it a little extra something.
This card is a "step" card which means it has different heights on the card edge. Sparkle N Sprinkle sells Step Card Bases in a pack of 5 which makes these cards really easy to make! No need to score and cut using very specific measurements. Here is what the step card looks like, when it is completely flat.
It is easy to know where to fold, and which direction to fold each score line. Once the step base is folded on the score lines, it looks like this.
Like mentioned above, I glittered her pants with the Denim used the Nuvo Glue Pen Fine to draw on the glue, then dumped on the glitter. And, I mean DUMPED. Here is what it looked like.
For the glitter stripes on the smaller heart, I used my other favorite adhesive, the 1/8" Double Sided "Tear-ific" Tape and laid some strips of tape across a die cut heart. I sprinkled on some Gypsy Red Velvet Glitter. Here is what it looked like.
This card came together pretty quickly. It was a lot of fun!
The next stop on our blog hop is Diane. You will be so thrilled with what she has in store for you! She always creates the most beautiful projects!
I can't wait to see what you create with this great stamp set!
Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day!
Chris

29 comments:

  1. Such a great step card! Love the glitter in her hair and on the pup too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! Love all the dimension!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute card! I love the layering and now I have to get that denim glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea of using the Nuvo glue pen to just cover certain areas with glitter, I think I will use your idea! Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the girl with her dog, what great detail, n texture.. Thank you for a change to win ur giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun step card, love all the sparkly embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very creative and fun..love the glitter in her hair ( I think I have some in mine too after working with it..lol)...a fabulous project!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've always love the words. Now you've made a beautiful card to go along with them

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great step card! I love all the sparkle. You did a wonderful job on this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like that this is a step card. I love the sentiment and all the sparkle. I also loved that you fussy cut some of the image to give it some depth. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a sweet card. Love the papers you paired together. I think I have some of those in the stash. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Chris! I love the use of sparkly highlights on her jeans! Fabulous design with the little dog houses, and white EP in the heart, and the intersecting lines of glitter on the tiny heart! she is beautifully colored, too! Thanks for sharing a wonderful creation and inspiring me! xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all the "extras" you did to make this card pop. Must get some of the denim glitter next time I ordered. Love your card and style.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all of the glitter.
    the jeans look great.
    cute puppy.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card for dog lovers. Love the addition of glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning card and beautiful coloring and shine!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this image. You did a super job with the layering and glitter. The close up of the pup made me giggle. He's so cute. Thanks for the excellent step by step. The card is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful step card. So cute and fun. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cris, your step card is gorgeous! This adorable little puppy is a true SNS-girl dog. I'm sure I'm not only one whose pets are sparkled up time to time :) Pattern papers you used are perfect with this image. Love all those different hearts on your card. Fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete
  20. ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS card!!!
    LOVE IT ALL, from the COOL image, DELIGHTFUL sentiment & FANCY folds to the SPARKLE and shine!!!
    THANK YOU for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card! I love all the extra sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card! I love all the extra sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a fabulous card. I really love this stamp with the sassy girl and her adorable pup.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like simplicity cards. Your glitter made this outstanding. I especially like the detail of the glitter on her jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Skinny jeans, high heels, and a sweet pooch! Perfect life and a great card! Love the glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  26. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Big Pharma has finally made it to the finish line. Should pet owners and their pets be happy about this take over? Well, I wouldn't start planning the party just yet because according to many vets out there this is not something to be happy about. What does this mean for pet wellness and natural pet health care? pet food

    ReplyDelete