Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Sparkle N Sprinkle Crafting Is Exercise Card [09.14.2016]

Hi from Sparkle N Sprinkler Designer Chris! I am in love with the new Bugaboo stamps that Sparkle N Sprinkle is now carrying. This Crafting is Exercise stamp set had me at Hello, so I made this card to share with you! Here it is.
I printed out a colored image of the digital version of the stamp. This makes a card so much easier to pull together! I used an oval die to cut out the image.
I blinged up the dress by using the new (and AMAZING!) Nuvo Glue Pen Fine adhesive and sprinkled on Ocean semi-transparent glitter. I love to do dimensions, so I printed several copies of the colored image. I fussy cut out the dress, apron, roller tote, her hand full of markers, and her head, and layered them with foam dimensional tape to pop them above the original image. Here is a shot from the side showing the dimension.
I also like to bling up images ... The roller tote and dress just begged to have sparkles! I used the new Nuvo Glue Pen Fine to roll adhesive onto the fussy cut tote, and sprinkled on Raspberry Soda semi-transparent glitter. I love using semi-transparent glitter because the color of the glitter can be seen, but it also allows what is under it to show through. I use them a LOT! Let's peek at the roller tote.
I pretty much always want MORE bling on my card projects, and this one was begging for MORE! I layered the oval card panel over a die cut floral wreath. I layered the two together, and added some sparkle within the floral pieces (more on that below). I also used the new Nuvo Glue Pen Fine tolay down a strip of adhesive along the inside edge of the oval and sprinkled on Cloud Nine semi-transparent glitter. Here is a shot of the wreath and glitter strip.

Even though I used the digital stamp version for my image, I wanted to use the rubber version of the Crafting is Exercise stamp set for my sentiment. The sentiment cracks me up! It says "Crafting counts as exercise." Ha ha! So true! I stamped the sentiment with Versamark ink, and then heat set Mulberry embossing powder. This is one of my favorite embossing powders. I love the color, which is a nice pinkish color with some depth. Fabulous! I also created a bit of a frame around the card as well with the Mulberry embossing powder.
Okay, back to how I added some dimension to the floral wreath and blinged it up. I pulled out some card stock and adhered a strip of 2-1/2" Double sided "Tear-ific" tape to it. I laid down the dies that I wanted to cut out, and ran them through my Cuttlebug machine. Here is a photo of the card stock with the "Tear-ific" tape strip adhered, and the dies positioned, ready to be cut!
After I die cut out the pieces, I peeled off the release paper, and sprinkled on Cloud Nine semi-transparent glitter to each piece. I then strategically placed the sparkled up pieces within the wreath and added the bow to the front of the card. This gave the whole card a lot of sass and sparkle!
This card was lots of fun, and I love all the sparkle with the white on white and the pops of color from the glitters on the dress and tote. The sentiment pops as well. I hope you enjoyed this card as much as I enjoyed making it and sharing it with you!

Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day! 
Chris

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Chris. Love all the sparkle that you've created, especially with your little die cuts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Chris! Love all the bling-y-ness in her crafting stance! LOL Wonderful card, and such a great use of sparkle and color against the pretty white on white background! Beautiful! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, hello Chris: WOW!! it's so very rare that I find a Triathlete and a card maker rolled into one, how fabulous is that!!! I started my humble Triathlon Journey back in 2003, since then, I've done several Sprints, Olympic Distance, Half Iron Man and 3 full Iron Man races, first at age 55, last one at age 60. I'm partially retired now, I'm 65 y/o and have some family obligations that prevent me from training for races but I still swim, bike and run regularly almost every day.
    Triathlon and making cards help me maintain a balance in my busy life, with my husband of 43 years, my two married daughters and my 5 awesome grandchildren.
    I hope you continue practicing this sport for many years to come, I'm living proof that age does not matter at all.
    If you would like to exchange emails about Triathlon and card making, please feel free to do so, here is my email.

    grandmamaria5@gmail.com

    Thank you for your sweet comment on my Autumn Fairy card, I'm looking forward to the next challenge.
    Big hugs, from one Triathlete to another.
    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete