Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Sparkle N Sprinkle's Roses Purse [06.08.2016]

I LOVE the June reveal stamp sets from Sparkle N Sprinkle!! Today's post is a project for Sparkle N SprinkleSparkle N Sprinkle has topped themselves again. These roses and flowers are so beautiful. I used the new Roses Stamp Set [784] for today's project. Let's check it out:


To begin the card, I stamped out two copies of the large rose and two smaller roses onto some white cardstock, and colored them with Copic markers. Then, I used the Chelsea Shoulder Bag by Tonic [764e] die to cut out the purse shape in red cardstock. Then, I die cut out the two colored rose images with the purse panel. I wanted to frame the panel, so I pulled out my trusty 1/8" Double-sided "Tear-ific" Tape [SAT02] and adhered it to the edge of the panel. I wrapped it all around the purse panel, then burnished on some sparkly Black Ice Glitter [G1020].  I also cut out the flap part, edged with the Black Ice Glitter again, and layered one of the rose panels over the flap, making sure to line up the rose image below, which added a teeny bit of dimension.
16-0608_784_RosePurse_02-Front
One of the die cuts in the Chelsea Shoulder Bag by Tonic [764e] set was a small tag. I wanted to add a tag to the purse, but needed something from which to hang it ... viola! A glitter ribbon to the rescue! I pulled out about a 12" strip of the 1/4" Double-sided "Tear-ific" Tape [SAT01], and pressed it into a pile of Black Ice Glitter [G1020]. I peeled off the release paper, and dredged and burnished the other side of the tape into the glitter as well. This made a ribbon that matched my frame. I used this ribbon to tie the tag onto the purse handle. Check out this awesome ribbon!!

16-0608_784_RosePurse_03-BlackTagSparkle
I had colored the roses in pink and red. To make the red pop a little more, I used my Sakura Glue Pen [Quicky] to draw on some glue, and sprinkled on some Gypsy Red Glitter [GM2005]. I repeated the same for the leaves on the roses. I used Luau Green Velvet Glitter (microfine) [GM2004]. This made the rose extra sparkly. Here it is.
16-0608_784_RosePurse_04-RoseGlitter
For the pink roses, I used my Sakura Glue Pen [Quicky] again, and sprinkled on Raspberry Soda Semi-transparent Glitter [G1052]. The pink and red together are so pretty.
16-0608_784_RosePurse_05-RosesFront
After using the tag die to cut some red paper and black paper, I stamped one of the sentiments using Versamark Ink Pad [VM-001] and then sprinkled on White Detail Embossing Powder [EP298], and heat set it.
16-0608_784_RosePurse_07-Tag
And, another part of the purse die set is the die to add in a corner panel over the front panel. I cut out two of these shapes in black, and then sprinkled on some Checkers Enameled Embossing Powder [EP466] and heat set it from the bottom. This type of embossing powder is really chunky, so it is best to heat it from the bottom to keep the chunky powder from flying all over.
16-0608_784_RosePurse_06-Corner-Checkers
I love the roses, and this purse in red, black, and white seemed fitting to showcase these roses in this stamp set. I hope you enjoyed them!

Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day! 

Chris

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome. Great idea to make your little purse. Love the corners. Lots of wonderful sparkle and your glitter ribbon is perfect!

    ReplyDelete