Tuesday, May 31, 2016

June Sparkle N Sprinkle Reveal [05.31.2016]

Welcome to Sparkle N Sprinkle's 
June 1 New Reveal Blog Hop!
We have three new stamp sets to share with you today.  These new sets are 20% off until June 3. So once you finish the blog hop, head on over to the store and start shopping. All of the new sets are available on cling mounted rubber or as a digital image.  

The sets are:



 Roses 784 (digi version DIGI784)
  Wild Rose 785 (digi version DIGI785)
  Country Flowers 786 (digi version DIGI786)

On June 3rd, ONE GRAND PRIZE WINNER will be selected from the comments left on the Designers' blogs listed below. Please leave a comment with each Designer in order to be eligible for the Grand Prize. You never know who the Mystery Designer will be that has the winning comment.

The Grand Prize Winner, which will be announced on the SNS Facebook page and on the SNS Blog, will receive ALL of the new stamp sets released this month (or the digi versions, if preferred).

The Blog Hop order this month is:
Chris    <<<<<This is me!
Belinda
Anne
Shona
Marie
Jess
Eret
Diane

(*Tip: if you have difficulty with a particular link, try clicking on the Designer's blog title to send you to their Home page.)


We hope you enjoy the New Reveal Blog Hop as much as we do. Thanks for joining us and remember to comment on each of the Designers' blogs to be eligible for the Grand Prize.  

 Wonder who the Mystery Host will be this month????


The Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge also begins today.  There are lots of prizes and recognition badges. Come check out how you can become a SNS Featured Artist as well.  The theme is always Anything Goes using Loose Glitter, Embossing Powder, and/or Flock.

 
Have you checked out the SNS YouTube Channel featuring Demo Donna? If not, then you are in for a real treat. Subscribe today to get all the latest Demo Donna tips and techniques!


















The June stamp sets for Sparkle N Sprinkle are truly amazing! I LOVE these new flowers and roses, they are absolutely gorgeous! I used the Roses Stamp Set [784]. Here is my card.
I stamped the main rose in the center of my card panel, and stamped several other roses on scrap cardstock. I colored all the roses with Copic markers and then fussy cut out the rose in layers from the scrap cardstock images. I sprinkled on some Super Thick Clear Semi-transparent Embossing Powder [EP230] on the edges of each of the layers, and heat set them all from the bottom. I then used Scrapbook Adhesives - 3D Foam Squares - White [093616016145] to pop up each layer. You can see the dimension here.
Because I was going for a Clean and Simple card, I decided to add in some splatter to help fill some of the white space and move the eye. I mixed three embossing powders together: Super Thick Clear Semi-transparent Embossing Powder [EP230], White Detail Embossing Powder [EP298], and my new favorite Dragon Fruit Embossing Powder [EP410]. This created a softer and thicker dragon fruit color, with some additional dimension to it. I stamped out some splatter marks from Demo Donna's Stylin' Sayings Stamp Set [00-777P7] with Versamark Ink [VM-001], and I also drew on some random dots with the Versamark Pen [99561]. I dusted on the embossing powder mixture to these areas, and then heat set the powder. I wanted to add in a bit of silver too, so I pulled out my Super Thick Silver Enameled Embossing Powder [EP467], sprinkled it over the splatter areas, and heated from the bottom to keep it from flying away since the chunks are bigger. Here is a photo of some of the splatter.
And, another shot to show it above and below the dimensional rose. The splatter went from the bottom right to the upper left.
Here is a close up of the dew drops I made from Super Thick Clear Semi-transparent Embossing Powder [EP230]. I really like the look that this super thick embossing powder made. The rose had thick shiny drops on it, just like morning dew on the petals.
Because of the Super Thick Silver embossing powder, I wanted to continue the silver theme to frame the card. The Mon Ami Gabby Silver Diamond Mesh was the perfect embellishment! I cut out a frame that would go around the rose card panel. There are many colors of this diamond mesh. If Sparkle N Sprinkle doesn't show the color you want in stock, please contact the store to alert them what color you would like. The wonderful gals at the store will make it happen! I used one of my favorite, and most versatile, products to adhere the silver mesh to my card base. I laid down some 3/4" Double-sided "Tear-ific" Tape [SAT05] along all the edges, and adhered the silver mesh to it. Then, I burnished in some Sonic Silver Velvet Glitter (microfine) [GM2002] with my finger tool. This made a gorgeous frame for the card.
Here is another shot of the frame to show the sparkle in the silver glitter, and the gorgeous sparkly mesh.
I stamped out one of the sentiments from the Roses Stamp Set [784], and trimmed it into a banner. I edged it with a Copic marker,  and popped it up with foam adhesive over some ribbon. Here is the sentiment close up.
This card was so much fun to make, and I absolutely love this gorgeous stamp set from Sparkle N Sprinkle. I really hope you love it too, and I can't wait to see what you make with this set!

Here is another shot of the card.

The next stop on our blog hop is Belinda. You can get to her blog by clicking her name. I know she has a wonderful treat in store for you! Enjoy!

Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day! 

Chris

29 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! Love all the dimension and the spatters look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Love how you used the Mom Ami Gabby Mesh!! Just fab.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card with pretty embellishments and dimension! I love how you cut the rose and layered it for dimension... looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! I love the layered rose, the 'water' feature and the bling on the edges. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Full of sparkly goodness. Love the morning dew on the petals!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and love the background, so full of sparkle-y goodness!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really gorgeous card! Love the splatters on the background. Little dew drops on the rose are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just beautiful and I love the sparkles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so lovely! I love the splatters and frame!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty! Love the bling around the edge

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful! I love how you did the embossing powder! And that rose is gorgeous!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card Chris Luv the rose.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So gorgeous and I love those spectacular colors of your rose design.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful card, love the bling and the sentiment is lovely
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. The rose has so much depth - the fussy-cutting was
    well-worth the effort.
    Love all of the sparkle.
    thanks for sharing a wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card! I love how you popped up the rose by using foam squares. The sparkle and colors are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love all the layers.beautiful color of rose.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, your coloring of the rose is beautiful, like the effect of the embossing powder and your framing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card. I love your coloring of the rose, and the dimension. Adding the embossing powder for the splatters is genius. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the adoring of the rose, just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You did a wonderful job on this card - I'm sure a lot of time was put into this one. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great Card love the dimension on the rose and the droplets that look like dew.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely card. Like the spatter effect you created.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Like the card and technique you used. Thank you for the opportunity to win.

    ReplyDelete
  25. ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS card!!!
    LOVE your rose & dimension, LOVE your BEAUTIFUL sentiment, LOVE your SPARKLE & shine too ... a DELIGHT to the eyes and heart!!!
    THANK YOU for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very clever using the mosaic die to create snowflakes, and you made Milton the center of attention with the different colors of glitter! I really like the way you didn't fully glitter all of the areas when you added the glitter, so some of the color, (i.e. his hoofs), were still visible, that adds more detail.

    ReplyDelete