Monday, May 11, 2015

Make a Wish Birthday (05/11/2015)

Today's card is a fun one - and it has a castle :)

I was asked to make a card for a coworkers birthday and today is the big day! We are celebrating as a group, and I was honored to make this card for my friend and coworker.

I completely scraplifted this idea, from Lawn Fawn's blog. I changed it up a LITTLE, but loved this card idea so much, I wanted to replicate it. It also gave me a chance to make the ethereal background with my new Zig Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolors. That was fun! After watercoloring the background, I spritzed it with some pearl shimmer spray for extra sparkle. That is hard to see in the photos - but trust me, it is awesome in real life! I also die cut out the watercolored card panel and the inside the card panels using Lawn Fawn's Small Stitched Rectangle Stackables lawn cuts.

I stamped out and colored the dragon, castle, stars, and wand from Lawn Fawn's Critters Ever After set. I also needed some big clouds, so I used the tree stamp set from Lawn Fawn's Critters in the 'Burbs set. I stamped out just the top of the tree and trimmed it out, turned it upside down and had a puffy cloud! I colored the edge with a light blue Copic marker, then covered the whole cloud with Clear  Wink of Stella glitter pen for some extra sparkle. I also Winked the Dragon wings:
and the castle door:

and I stamped out the inside too. Just a simple sentiment from Lawn Fawn's So Much To Say set.

Happy Birthday Susan!

Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day! 

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment