Friday, May 15, 2015

Hummingbird Thanks Card (05/15/2015)

Okay, another day, another hummingbird on a card :)


I used Sparkle N Sprinkle's Hummingbird 1 Stamp Set 540 (00-540P5) for the hummingbird and hibiscus flower. I used Sparkle N Sprinkle's Thanks Stamp Set 577 (00-577P7) for the "Many Thanks" sentiment and butterfly. I used the Lawn Fawn Flirty Frames Lawn Cuts die cut for the label shape around the sentiment. 

I colored in the images with Copic markers and distress inks. I layered some patterned paper over card stock, and added Sparkle N Sprinkle's 1/4" Double Sided "Tear-ific" Tape (SAT01) in strips toward the top and bottom of the panel.Then, I covered that awesome adhesive with my favorite Sparkle N Sprinkle glitter: Luau Green Velvet Glitter (microfine) (GM2004). Check out a close up:


I also used some Sparkle N Sprinkle Daisy Velvet Glitter (Microfine) Semi-transparent (GM2019) over the flower. Since this is a semi-transparent glitter, it allowed the Copic colors to shine through, with a whole lot of sparkle from the Daisy glitter!

A simple Thank You sentiment from the Thanks set finished off the inside of the card and this bad boy was done!


Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day! 

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment