Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Butterfly Ribbon Card (05/13/2015)

Today's card has a butterfly, ribbon, and sparkles! Oh My!


I used some of Lawn Fawn's patterned paper for the card panel. I used Lawn Fawn's Stitched Scalloped Borders die and cut another piece of patterned paper as well. I layered these two together, and wrapped them with a huge black ribbon from my stash. I also stamped out and Copic colored a butterfly from Lawn Fawn's Flutter By stamp set. I stamped and colored the butterfly, and fussy cut it out right against the outline edge. I also covered the entire image with versamark ink, and used Sparkle N Sprinkle's Sparkle Semi-Transparent Embossing Powder (EP107). This really made the butterfly pop! I also used the matching die set to cut out the image (without stamping it) as a matting layer. I also used the die cut to trace around the outer edge of the die to cut out the vellum layer. I totally scraplifted this idea from Jennifer McGuire's recent blog post. Thanks Jennifer for the inspiration!

 I also stamped the same butterfly inside the card, with a sentiment from the same Flutter By stamp set.

I love the layering of the butterfly, and the way the Sparkle embossing powder catches the light. I hope my friend enjoys her card :)

Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day! 

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment