Monday, December 17, 2012

Sweet Christmas Thank You (12/17/2012)

I made a fun Christmas Thank You card, and I can't wait to show it to you:

This card is for a dear, sweet friend who hosts an annual holiday cookie & ornament exchange, and is truly one of the highlights of my holiday season each year!  I scraplifted this idea from a recent Lawn Fawn blog post, but changed it up a little to make it into a holiday Thank You!

I used Lawn Fawn's Sweet Christmas set, and stamped out the house, and some decorations, and colored them with copics and fussy cut them.  I also used a sentiment (with candy swirls!) from the Many Thanks set, which was the perfect compliment for this card.  I stamped the sentiment on some white cardstock that I cut out with my favorite Wonky Rectangles spellbinders die, then colored with a Distress Ink pad.

I tied a ribbon around a panel, and then layered up all the images and sentiment, and then added some sparkle.  I covered the gum drop candies with crystal effects and then sprinkled on some glitter. 

I also added some Martha Stewart red glitter glue to the eaves for extra sparkle, and some other random sparkles on the candy swirls.

And, I added in some sweet little gingerbread people inside, framing the sentiment.  I also put on some crystal effects on the sweet little buttons to help make them pop:

I really hope the hostess-with-the-mostest enjoys her card!

Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day!

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment