Monday, December 10, 2012

Happy Graduation (12/10/2012)

Today's card is to celebrate a friend's completion of Nurse's school and his Pinning.  I didn't have anything PUNNY to use, so I went with a Graduation-style setup, and I completely scraplifted this idea!  Let's check out the card:

I scraplifted this idea from Lawn Fawn's blog, which I look at every day :)  I love Karin A's card, and when I saw it recently, I knew I would have to try to replicate her card.

I stamped the dragon from Lawn Fawn's Critters Ever After and colored him with Copic markers, then fussy cut him out.  I also cut out two different sizes of Spellbinders Labels 18 dies, and used Distress Inks to color in the smaller one.  Then, I stamped the little star from Critters Ever After all around the background.  And, to "TOP" it off, since I didn't have a Nurses Hat, I used the Mortar Board from Lawn Fawn's Hats Off to You set.

I also used some Stickles and Martha Stewart glitter pens to add a lot of sparkle, to the inside of the stars, the dragon's scales and mortar board tassel:

I stamped out a sentiment on the front (from Critters Ever After), and another one (from Hats Off to You) on the inside and used white embossing powder on both to help make them pop!

Karin's card was so inspirational, and this was a fun card to replicate, and it seemed just the thing to celebrate my friend's accomplishment.

Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day!

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment