Monday, May 7, 2012

Lil Party Favors (05/07/2012)

Today's project is not a card ... but was four times the fun!  Let's see what it was shall we?


I did some treat boxes and name cards for a luncheon, and this is what I made for us!  I went to my local Mom & Pop stamp store, Stampadoodle, and die cut out some mini chinese take-out style boxes with some bright colorful floral print patterned paper. 


I adhered them together, and used coordinating ribbon for handles.  They still looked a little plain, so I made some felt flowers.  To make these, I pulled out my trusty Cuttlebug and my scalloped circles Spellbinders die cuts.  I used three dies (doesn't matter what size, but they need to be three successive-sized dies.  Cut one circle in the flower-color felt, with the biggest die.  That becomes your flower base.  Then, cut four circles in the same felt, with the middle-sized circle.  Finally, cut one circle in the light green felt, with the smallest die, for the middle of the flower.  Lay down the largest circle as the base.  Heat up the ol' heat gun, and grab one of the four middle-sized circles.  Squeeze a teeny bit of glue in the middle of the felt circle and fold it in half (like a taco).  Then, add another little dollop of glue in the middle, and fold it again to have "one-quarter" of a circle, or large pie shape.  Add a tad more glue, and place it down on the flower base felt piece.  Keep adding the second through fourth pieces of felt glued and folded like this.  That becomes the flower.  Then, do the same technique with the smallest, light green piece, and push it into the center of the "flower" and then fluff up the edges on all the petals. 



Simple!  And fun!  Also, a hint I'd like to share is to use GOOD QUALITY (wool) felt.  Don't use the bargin-felt you find at big-box stores.  That kind of felt isn't woven very tightly, and won't cut well with the die cuts.  I purchased my felt at a local Mom & Pop toy store, called Fairhaven Toy Garden.  They have some really cool stuff there!

I also made some place cards to put at each place setting for our luncheon.  I pulled out my trusty Lawn Fawn Quinns ABCs, Chevron Backdrops, and Gnome Sweet Gnome sets.  I used Spun Sugar Distress Ink and stamped some chevrons on the background.


I used Quinns ABCs to spell out each name, then used some a couple random stamps from the Gnome Sweet Gnome set to add some fun to each place card.



I rounded the bottom right corner, and tossed on two little flowers and a bitty rhinestone in the center.  Then, I I stuffed these sweet little boxes with some candy, and off I went to a luncheon with these wonderful and amazing ladies!

Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day!

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment