Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Happy Anniversary Card (03/28/2012)

Howdy, let's get right to it, and meet today's card.  I cut a lot of card dies at Stampadoodle recently, and have used them as a starting point for some cards I have done, so here is another "three-panel" card which may look familiar:


I wanted to keep this as monochromatic as possible.  Terri really likes cows, so I envisioned some holstein-esque cows and used black as my main color and background color to stay within the color scheme.  I used a black floral patterned paper from my stash for the cows.  You can't really tell it is floral can ya?  It worked out really well I think :) 

I used Lawn Fawn stamps again (love them!), and used both Quinns ABCs for the sentiment, and Critters on the Farm for the cows.  I hand-cut a bow tie for the boy cow and made a little bow from red and white bakers twine from my stash for the girl cow.  I had a left over heart that I cut out with a Cuttlebug die cut at Stampadoodle at my last crop.  (Remember to save everything ... ya never know when you are going to need them!)

I backed the three panels with a soft polka dot pink which fit the theme too, and adhered some silver glitter tape across the bottom to anchor the sentiment.  I stamped the sentiment with Quinns ABCs, and heat embossed with white.  I fussy cut out the letters and adhered the words.

Overall, easy-peasy, and fun.  I know black isn't a traditional anniversary card color, but this one spoke to me, and I think Terri will enjoy it.  Fingers crossed :)


Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day!
 
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment