Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Sparkle N Sprinkle A Rose For You Framed Image

Today's project is a sweet little framed bunch of roses in vases. This is the new A Rose For You digi stamp set from Sparkle N Sprinkle, released this month in October. I love this stamp set. Let's check out what I created.

Supply List:
Sparkle N Sprinkle A Rose For You digi stamp set [DIGI915BG]
Sparkle N Sprinkle Ocean glitter [G1126]
Sparkle N Sprinkle Shamrock glitter [GM2041]
Sparkle N Sprinkle Orchid Rose glitter [GM2016]
Sparkle N Sprinkle Glitter Brush [SG1400]
Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive [200N]
Nuvo Smooth Precision Glue Pen [206N]
Tonic Tim Holtz Glass Media Mat [1914E]
Tonic 12" Wide Base Craft Guillotine [454a]

Because I used a digi stamp, I started out by inserting the images I wanted to use into a word file on my computer. I sized them to the sizes I needed. I also had the idea of replicating the sized rose in the vase, a layered them over one another, in a bit of a staggered line. Then, I printed two copies of my images and sentiment (see more below) onto white cardstock using a color ink jet printer. Then, I fussy cut the roses from one of the copies. For the other copy, I fussy cut across the top of the roses and trimmed it to the size of the canvas onto which I was layering the image. I popped up the roses with dimensional pop dots to make the roses really pop!

Once I had all the layers created, I rolled on some Nuvo Smooth Precision Glue Pen onto select parts of the leaves, roses, and vases, and sprinkled on Shamrock, Orchid Rose, and Ocean glitters. Here is a close up of the vases and leaves.

I also layered some of the images in the digi stamp set for my sentiment and background. When I was sizing my digital images, I inserted the blue swirly image and then sized it and duplicated it several times. I layered these all over one another to make a really swirly background. I layered the sentiment over the swirls, and then once it was printed, I trimmed the cardstock to the size I wanted, and then blended some blue distress ink to the outer edges of the sentiment strip. I layered the sentiment across the front of the frame and then glued on two more of the roses to each edge of the sentiment.

Here is a shot of the rose image I created, after I trimmed it to the size of the canvas. I used the Glue Pen and the three glitters (Orchid Rose, Shamrock, Ocean) to decorate my project!

I enjoy working with digital images because I love how I can manipulate the sizes and layering. I also like that Sparkle N Sprinkle offers the "uncolored" image and the "colored" image options in the digi stamp sets. I used the colored image for this project because then I can focus all my time onto creating and blinging up the image instead of coloring! This was so much fun. I love it!

Thanks for stopping by. Have a magical day!

-Chris

Sparkle N Sprinkle compensated links are used when possible.
This blog post first appeared on Sparkle N Sprinkle's blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment