Thursday, March 15, 2018

Cardz 4 Galz Challenge #67 Beach / Nautical Card [03.15.2018]

Hello! Today's card is a beach sunset card for the Cardz 4 Galz Challenge #67: Beach or Nautical. I LOVE the ocean, and I love sunsets, so this is the card that I just had to make. Let's check it out.

Supply List:
Tim Holtz Distress Inks
Tonic Tangerine machine
Lawn Fawn Slide on Over Circles dies
Lawn Fawn Ocean Wave Borders dies
Sparkle N Sprinkle Sparkling Sands Sparkle N Soft
Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
 Cuttlebug D'vine Swirls Embossing Folder
Memory Box Seaside Treasures dies
Hero Arts Seashore Sequin Mix
Wink of Stella Glitter Pen
Seed Beads
Pearls


I die cut several circles to create a "frame" from white cardstock with Lawn Fawn's Slide on Over Circles dies. I layered up the circle frames and adhered each layer with Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive to create some dimension for my frame, and set it aside. Then, I colored a circle background with distress inks to create the sunset and the water. I die cut a Lawn Fawn Ocean Waves border die from cardstock, and ink blended more blue distress ink over the inked background to give some wave dimension to the water. I die cut a smaller circle from a piece of post-it note paper and then inked over that circle to create the sun. I removed the post-it note and colored in the sun with the Wink of Stella glitter pen to make it all sparkly! I also gave the whole image a spritz of water and dried it off to give some texture to the distress inked sunset and ocean.

I layered the built up frame over my sunset & ocean background, and squeezed on a thick dollop of Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive and sprinkled on some Sparkling Sands Sparkle N Soft from Sparkle N Sprinkle. I also added on more small drops of adhesive and pressed the seed beads and Hero Arts Seashore sequins into the "sand". I also die cut some shells and starfish from the Memory Box Seaside Treasures dies. I colored them with distress inks, and sparkled some up with the Wink of Stella glitter pen. I adhered them all around the frame and in the sandy beach too.

Here is another shot of the shell "frame" around the beach sunset scene. I layered this all over a cardstock panel that I dry embossed with the Cuttlebug D'vine Swirl embossing folder. I also adhered little pearls in the swirls to continue the theme onto the background. I love this embossing folder. I think it is my favorite folder ever!

I can't wait to see what you create and post in the Cardz 4 Galz Challenge # 67 Beach or Nautical theme. Everything about the beach and nautical themes make me happy and I know I will love what you create and share with us at Cardz 4 Galz. See ya over there!

Thanks for stopping by. Have a magical day!

-Chris

Sparkle N Sprinkle compensated links are used when possible.

3 comments:

  1. WOW Chris, this card is full of fabulous detail...I love it and all the work you have put into it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Chris. Makes me wish summer was around the corner, instead of more snow!! Love your sun and water background.

    ReplyDelete