Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Sparkle N Sprinkle Snowman Couple card {12.06.2017}

Happy Holidays from Designer Chris! What fun it is to ring in these holidays with this adorable Snowman Couple - Christmas digital stamp from Sparkle N Sprinkle! I wanted my card to focus on their love affair, and this is what I created. Let's check it out.

I started out by sizing the digi (pre-colored option) stamp on my computer. When I had it the size I wanted, I printed it out onto white cardstock. Then, I die cut it using the Tonic Essentials - Artist Trading Cards - Hello die around the image. I blended some blue ink along the edges to give the edge of the die some dimension. Then, I whipped out my Sakura Glue Pen, and rolled on adhesive to specific areas on the snowman couple. I used it to adhere glitter to these areas: Easy Green, Pinkerbell, and Bubblegum to the scarves and hats, and Creamsicle to the carrot noses and arms. I also adhered Waterfall to the blue outer edges of the snowman couple. I also used my (amazing!) Glitter Brush to dust off unadhered glitter. This brush is so soft and it just whisks away all the loose glitter super easily. Great addition to your tool kit!

I also die cut out the digi printed sentiment using another die from the Tonic Essentials - Artist Trading Cards - Hello die and blended some light blue ink to the edges on this too. Afterward, I squeezed on some Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive and sprinkled on Shaved Ice chunky, lightweight glitter and lightly pressed it into the wet adhesive. I let it dry before placing it onto the front of the card. I also repeated the Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive and Shaved Ice to the base of the snowman couple too, so they were standing in a snowy, glittery snowbank!

II used another Tonic Die for the card base. I used the Tonic Sunray Venus Layering Basics Die Set and cut a black card base. Then, I used the next smallest die to cut the Cascading Hearts Craft Perfect Embossed Paper. I layered these two together and wrapped a white and silver ribbon around the card. I added foam adhesive to the image and sentiment panels and adhered them onto the card front. I made sure one of those sweet textured hearts was visible on that gorgeous paper. Here is a close up.

This snowman couple is too cute, and they make me happy! I can't wait to see what you will do. You can check out this stamp set in action by watching Demo Donna's YouTube video HERE. I hope to see your creations in our Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge on Facebook, as well. To participate in the Creative Challenge, you have to request access to the group (to keep out the spammers!), and then you can post your creations there. Each monthly's challenge runs from the first of the month to the 25th. So excited to see you there!

Thanks for stopping by. Have a magical day!

-Chris

Sparkle N Sprinkle compensated links are used when possible.

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic card Chris!! I adore this cute snowman couple and you have featured them so well on your card!! Have a merry merry day!!

    ReplyDelete