Sunday, October 15, 2017

Happy Thoughts Mom Card (#41/52) {10.13.2017}

Another card for Mommy! This one was something outside of my comfort zone, but pretty fun! Here is the simple front ... but the magic is on the inside!

I used a die that popped up the inside and created a lot of dimension. You can see it immediately below! I used a lot of the die cuts in the set to die cut different papers for the decorative elements. I also stamped out a sentiment from Lawn Fawn's Happy Happy Happy stamp set using Versamark Ink. Then, I sprinkled on Sparkle N Sprinkle's White Detail embossing powder and heat set it. I adhered all the layers using Nuvo's Deluxe Adhesive. I also die cut the inside card panel's edges with Lawn Fawn's Stitched Scalloped Borders die.

I also used Lawn Fawn's Happy Happy Happy stamp set to stamp out part of the sentiment, and then die cut the "happy" from the coordinating die and stamped it too. I used Versamark Ink and then sprinkled on Simon Says Stamp's Steel Navy embossing powder. Look at that gorgeous color! I did this on the front panel of the card, that I had cut from Lawn Fawn's Stitched Rectangle dies. Then, I distressed the edges with brown distress ink.

Here is another photo of the dimension of the inside.

And, here is a shot from above, to show the dimension and fun pop-out that this card has. It folds perfectly flat, but when opened, it has this awesome 3-D dimension! I love this die!

Brace yourself ... you might be seeing this die a LOT because I love how it works out and the dimension it gives. I hope Mom likes it.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a magical day!

-Chris

Sparkle N Sprinkle compensated links are used when possible.

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome Chris! Is the inside done with a die? Love the color scheme too. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a surprise this is when you open it..wow...and I love the big 'happy' die!!

    ReplyDelete