Friday, July 7, 2017

Vintage(ish) Post Card for Mom (#27/52) {07.07.2017}

Sometimes ya just gotta try something new and/or simple ... this was one of those cards! I have had this Hero Arts Carte Postal (sadly, retired) stamp set for quite a while, and was finally inspired to whip it out and use it. I stamped out almost all the stamps from this set, with brown ink, into kraft cardstock. Then, I blended some vintage photo distress ink to the edges and around the card a bit to give it some added age.

I wanted a bit of shine, so I whipped out my new Sparkle N Sprinkle Nuvo Glitter Markers, in the Midnight Shadows collection. This collection has three pens: an aqua blue, a darker blue, and a silver. I used the silver glitter pen, and dotted and "globbed" some silver glitter pen in areas onto the card. Here is a close up of the silver splotches.

I don't make a lot of one-layer cards, but this one came together fast, I used a stamp set that I have been wanting to use for a long time, and I like the vintage and simple look of it. I think Mom will like it because she likes to travel and get mail, and this stamp set and card combines both!

Thanks for stopping by. Have a magical day!

-Chris

Sparkle N Sprinkle compensated links are used when possible.

1 comment:

  1. What a gorgeous one layer card Chris, I love all of the different stamps you used!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete