Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Sparkle N Sprinkle March 2017 Release {03.01.2017}

Welcome to the ALL NEW 
Sparkle N Sprinkle

 March Reveal Blog Hop!


NEW STORE - NEW BLOG - NEW PRODUCT LINES!


There are FOUR new rubber stamp sets being released this month, plus a new Digi Papers set, and a Digi Only Bundle set full of lots of extras.   

The sets are:


Flower Silhouettes - 824  (digi version - DIGI824BG)

Patriotic Girlfriends - 827  (digi version - DIGI827J)

Irish Blessings - St. Patrick's Day - 834  (digi version  DIGI834B - includes additional images)

Bonnet Bouquet - 838  (digi version - DIGI838J)

DIGI3130FS - Blue Pansies Digi Bundle Pack   (includes lots of images, decoupage sheets, sentiments, and papers)

DIGI4002FS - Digi Watercolor Papers: Blue 

When you purchase the digital versions of any of the SNS rubber sets, you are getting lots of extras that are not available otherwise.  These extras can include additional images, sentiments, digi papers, and/or decoupage sheets that not available with the rubber version.  

Every new digi set purchased always includes the following:
 ~ black and white images
~ colored images
  ~ .jpeg format (white background) 
~ .png format (transparent background) 
 ~ a cut file to use with your electronic cutting machines!


You're definitely going to want both the rubber versions AND the digital versions of all our new releases.



The new sets are 20% off until March 3, 2017, so after the blog hop, hop on over to the NEW STORE and have fun shopping - be sure to check out the OTHER amazing new products as well! With names like TONIC and STAMPENDOUS and HOUSE MOUSE, you're sure to fill that cart up quickly!


SNS also has a brand new blog, which can be found here!



On March 3, ONE GRAND PRIZE WINNER will be selected from the comments left on all the Designers' blogs listed below.  Please leave a comment with each designer to be eligible for the Grand Prize (checked for compliance).  The Grand Prize Winner will be announced on the SNS Facebook page and the SNS New Blog.  

The Blog Hop Order this month is:

Anne
Jess
Eret
Donna
Shona
Diane
Chris
Belinda

(*Tip: if you have difficulty with a particular link, try clicking on the Designer's blog title to send you to their Home page.)



We hope you enjoy the New Reveal Blog Hop as much as we do.  Thanks for joining us and remember to comment on each of the Designers' blogs to be eligible for the Grand Prize.  
 Wonder who the Mystery Host will be this month????






Have you checked out the SNS YouTube Channel featuring Demo Donna?  If not, then you are in for a real treat.  Subscribe today to get all the latest Demo Donna tips and techniques!













I had so much fun with the Bonnet Bouquet stamp set. I used both the rubber stamp set, for the sentiment, and the digi version for the actual bonnet itself. I like using both, and it is so versatile to do it this way. I used the digi version for the image. I sized and printed it out, then die cut out the image. I also was inspired by Demo Donna (she creates some INCREDIBLE cards!) in one of her recent videos on her YouTube channel. The card she designed in this video had a partial die cut across the fold. I was inspired by her design, and did a partial die cut label over the fold. This way, the "top" part of the label is actually on the back of the card and the "bottom" part is on the front flap of the card. Hard to explain, but easy to understand when ya see it. Here is my card.



I created this background for the partial die cut label, and I loved it so much, I actually didn't want to cover it up with the die cut bonnet image ... but I couldn't figure out where else to put it, so I covered most of it up. I still like how it ended up looking, but this background was gorgeous! To make this background, I  placed some strips of 2-1/2" "Tear-ific" Tape behind some green cardstock and die cut it in the label shape. Then, I did the "kiss-cut" technique. I pulled out the Tonic Die Simply Screens Clematis Vine die cut, laid it across the cardstock label, and die cut it. I removed all the pieces, but the vine parts were still there, and they were stuck down to the adhesive behind the cardstock. As you can see, Because the vine die didn't completely cover the label, I laid it horizontally across the middle of the die label, die cut it, and then repeated it across the top and bottom to completely cover the full label with vine pieces. Once I removed all the cut pieces, I burnished in Ocean glitter with my finger tool :) Then, I removed the backing of the "Tear-ific" Tape behind the vine background, and adhered it to the partial die cut labael area. Here is what it looked like before I put the main image over it.

I stamped out the small flower in the stamp set, in a green ink to make it tone on tone. Then, I treated my cardstock with the Anti Static Bag, and I stamped the sentiment using Versamark Ink and heat embossed Forest Green embossing powder. Check out this fabulous sentiment!.

The real fun began when I blinged out the color printed bonnet image! This is what is so much fun about using a colored digi stamp. The coloring is already done, and I can spend my time adding to the existing image instead of coloring it and then playing! I used my Nuvo Glue Pen Small Tip to daub on some adhesive in the image. I added adhesive to the yellow flowers, and then sprinkled on Evening Glow glitter. I added more adhesive to the purple flowers, and sprinkled on Orchid glitter. I did more adhesive on the ribbon, and sprinkled on Ocean glitter. The hat itself was blinged out with Autumn Medley glitter. Here is the bonnet with all its sparkle and bling!

I also wanted to incorporate a border punch. I punched out some patterned paper with a border punch, and layered some 1-1/2" "Tear-ific" Tape behind the punched part. I burnished in some Denim glitter and viola! I had a beautifully decorated border! Here it is close up.

Here is the card opened, so you can see how the partial die cut across the fold looks. I partially die cut only the top part of the die label.

This was a really fun card to make, and I love this stamp set. I am so glad I used both the rubber and the digi image. They worked together great!

Check out the new Sparkle N Sprinkle website. It sure is nicely organized and easy to navigate!

The next stop on our blog hop is Belinda She has a REAL TREAT for you, so hop on over to her blog and be inspired and awed!

Thanks for stopping by. Have a magical day!

-Chris

Sparkle N Sprinkle compensated links are used when possible.

16 comments:

  1. Whoa, Chris! How amazing! Sparkly jewel-tone colors, and beautifully colored images - make your card so lovely and stunning! I especially like what appears to be a fence element (to me) - the design is awesome! I don't even know how you could think up all the details, and put them together! Gorgeously designed, and beautifully put together! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  2. THOSE COLORS! WOW! I love all the little details that you added! I love the shape of this card - it's just stunning! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, love this! This is so elegant looking and I love how you've added glitter to the various areas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Love the wonderful image and your fantastic coloring. Love the design too.
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pop-up fold! It's the perfect place for the bonnet! Love all the sparkly elements that you've combined on this creation. Super work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH WOW this is so unique and beautiful! Love the added sparkle on the flowers ... perfect! Thanks for wonderful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How sparkley - love it! Great pop-up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a really pretty card and I love the technique you used. I am now inspired to do a card with that pop up. look.

    ReplyDelete
  9. GORGEOUS card!
    LOVE your flowers & colouring, LOVE your SPARKLE, LOVE your fancy fold too!
    ... feeling inspired, with lots for me to try :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this stamp and your pretty, sparkly card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card so sparkly with all the glitter I will have to give the die cut fold a try. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! So much sparkly goodness here! I love the colors that you used and the photos really showcase all of your techniques. Impressive card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So gorgeous card Chris! Love the color comination and your card design. Everything on it is so beautiful. It vas very clever of you to stamp the image around the sentiment too. Really stunning work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So beautifully created and what a fabulous design, too...wow...I love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great idea to use a punch, put tear-ific tape behind the cut-outs, and then rub in glitter! Thank you for sharing this technique!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous. I like your coloring and the sparkle.

    ReplyDelete