Friday, November 11, 2016

Layered Flowers Birthday Card {11.11.2016}

Hi! Today's card is a birthday card for a friend who loves flowers. She is a papercrafter, so there is always added pressure to come up with something that is pretty enough and nice enough for her! Yikes, the pressure was on. I made layered flowers for her, using Alt E New's Beautiful Day stamp set. Here is the card!

Since this is a layering stamp, I started with the lightest ink, and the "background" image of the stamp. In this case, it is the solid flower background, that I stamped out in light pink. I continued stamping the next layer up and each time, used a darker color. This made the flowers have a lot of depth and texture. I also did the same procedure with the leaves, using the layering stamps and a light and darker green ink colors. I also squeezed on a dollop of gold enamel dot drops for the center of the flowers. And, a spritz of gold splatters topped it all off! 

I stamped out "birthday" from Lawn Fawn's Big Scripty Words, heat embossed it with Sparkle N Sprinkle's Black Detail embossing powder, and die cut it with Lawn Fawn's Big Scripty Words Lawn Cuts. I also stamped out "Happy" above the birthday, from one of Lawn Fawn's stamp sets too. Here is what the sentiment looked like.

The inside of the card was pretty simple. I stamped out one of the floral images from Alt E New's Beautiful Day stamp set in light pink along the edges of the inside. I also used the same stamp set's sentiment for the inside too. I hope my friend likes this! I really enjoyed making it and I love the pink and gold together.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a magical day!

-Chris

3 comments:

  1. Chris this is absolutely gorgeous...I will have to check that stamp set out, I have a few like that and love them...Your friend will be thrilled to receive this!! Have a wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure she will love it! It's really beautiful. Love how you did the sentiment and the flowers are simply gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this looks fabulous. Love how the flowers turned out! I know your friend will love it too.

    ReplyDelete