Monday, April 11, 2016

Sympathy Card {04.11.2016}

This card was a new style for me. I made it primarily from patterned paper and die cutting, and very little stamping. Let's look.

I used some papers from a collection from Heartfelt Creations. I also used several dies from their line as well. I cut out patterned paper with rounded rectangle dies, and additional flourishes from the same patterned paper collection. I also fussy cut a label sentiment.
I did the inside in a similar manner, but just not as many layers. Plus, the only stamping I did was to stamp a silhouette leaf stamp in green ink, on the patterned paper. For all the edges, inside and front, I also used some green and lilac distress inks on the edges. Here is in the inside.
I also stamped the sympathy sentiment in green ink.
This card moved me outside of my comfort zone. I have never stamped over patterned paper before, nor have I used so much patterned paper at one time. I liked how it turned out, and I hope it helped my friend know that I was thinking about her during her tough time.

Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day! 

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment