Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Always Sparkle Tiara {04.20.2016}

I love sparkles and tiara and pink and all things girly ... So, this month's pairing between Sparkle N Sprinkle and Want 2 Scrap had my name all over it! Let's see what I created!


I used Want 2 Scrap's Tiara [Tiara2pk] and covered it with Versamark Ink pad [VM-001] and heat embossed several layers of Sparkle N Sprinkle's White Detail Embossing Powder [EP298] until it was solidly white. Here is a photo of what it looks like in the packaging.
And, what it looked liked after several layers of White Detail Embossing Powder [EP298].
Once I had it all solid white, I inked it up again with another layer of Versamark Ink pad [VM-001] and then dusted on some Pink Lady Embossing Powder [EP337] and Silver Lightning Embossing Powder [EP262], but not a solid cover of either so that it had all colors showing through (white, silver, pink). It turned out really pretty!

Once I had the tiara colored just right, I outlined the tiara shape onto black cardstock, then covered the cardstock completely with of Versamark Ink pad [VM-001] and heat embossed Sparkle Semi-Transparent Embossing Powder [EP107] to make it shiny and sparkly! This gave me a background onto which I layered the tiara. I glued the sparkly black cardstock using Brushable Glue [540]. I added some gems to the tiara. I squeezed on some Nuvo Glitter Drops - White Blizzard [758N] and set it aside to dry. This made a really cool gem effect within the tiara.

I also used a Want 2 Scrap "Sparkle" chipboard sentiment. I started out with the same again:  Versamark Ink pad [VM-001] and heat embossed several layers of White Detail Embossing Powder [EP298] until it was solid white. Another trick, I learned from Demo Donna, is the "glueless glitter" technique. Basically, you can add Versamark ink over something already heat embossed, and sprinkle glitter onto it. Then, heat emboss the glitter and it will sink into the embossing powder and seal it. It works great! So, I did this! I sprinkled on Hyacinth Velvet Glitter (Microfine) [GM2028] to the top of the sentiment, and Tyrian Glitter [G1089] on the bottom for an ombre effect, then heat set the two glitters into the embossing powder below. I also stamped out the "always" sentiment from the Sparkle Brighter Stamp Set [635] with a black pigment ink onto vellum, then covered it with Clear Detail Embossing Powder [EP280]. I also die cut a border from a piece of cardstock covered with some 2-1/2" Double-sided Tear-ific Tape [SAT11], and then pressed in some more Hyacinth Velvet Glitter (Microfine) [GM2028]
To finish off this card, I wanted to add in a bit more bling. So, I layered some Pink Rhinestone Swirls [7502] onto the card. The swirls are awesome! But, they were a little bigger than the space I had available, so I trimmed some of the swirls off to make it fit. This is one thing that we should all keep in mind ... we can change up what we want to do! Pull out those scissors and hack away!

This card has lots of shine and bling, and a lot of pink! Just perfect! I hope you enjoyed it - I had a great time making it :)

Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day! 

Chris

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this looks amazing. Love all the details and the two toned word looks great. Fabulous gems in your tiara too.

    ReplyDelete