Friday, March 11, 2016

Bright Spring Butterfly with Resist Technique {03.11.2016}

Spring is springing ... and this butterfly just leaps off the page!

I also stamped out a circle background stamp from my stash with Versamark ink and heat embossed Clear Detail Embossing Powder [EP280]. Afterwards, I also distress inked the background. The clear embossed circles resisted the ink and stayed light. This made a really interesting background. After distressing, I wiped the panel with a dry paper towel to remove any remaining ink sitting on top of the clear embossing powder. This helps reveal the color a bit more.

I used Lawn Fawn's Flutter By stamp set, and stamped out one of the butterflies with Versamark Ink and Sparkle N Sprinkle's Black Detail Embossing Powder [EP171]. I distress inked the image, and then fussy cut it. I squeezed on a little bit of glitter glue to make the butterfly body pop just a bit more. I adhered the butterfly to the panel, and dashed a flight line with a black pen.




I also layered on a ribbon, and covered part of it with a sentiment banner. This pretty much finished off this quick & simple card.
Spring is here, and this card makes me so happy. I can't wait to see more flowers and butterflies!

Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day! 

Chris

1 comment:

  1. Love this orange, springy creation. The swirl resist makes for a great background! Pretty little butterfly too!

    ReplyDelete