Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Frozen Goose {Sparkle N Sprinkle July Reveal} (07/01/2015)

Welcome to Sparkle N Sprinkle's July 1 New Reveal Blog Hop!


We have FOUR new stamp sets to share with you today.  These new sets are 20% off until July 3. So once you finish the blog hop, head on over to the store and start shopping.  All of the new sets are available on cling mounted rubber or as a digital image.  

The sets are:


3 Wisemen 720   (digi version DIGI720M)
Christmas Goose 721   (digi version DIGI721B)
Reindeer 722   (digi version DIGI722J)
Tree Scene 723   (digi version DIGI723J)

 

On July 3, one GRAND PRIZE WINNER will be selected from the comments left on the Designers' blogs.  Please leave a comment with each Designer in order to be eligible for the Grand Prize.  You never know who the Mystery Designer will be that has the winning comment.

The Grand Prize Winner, which will be announced on July 3 on the SNS Facebook page and here on the SNS Blog, will receive ALL of the new stamp sets released this month (or the digi versions, if preferred).


In addition to our regular Designers, we are happy to introduce you to two new Guest Designers this month. Ani and Chris will be our Guest Designers for the months of July, August, and September.  We'd also like to say Thank You to our first set of Guest Designers, Diane and Ashley, for a job well done!

The Blog Hop order this month is:


Marie
Ani
Belinda
Chris (<--- That's me!)
Shona
Eret
Anne
(*Tip: if you have difficulty with a particular link, try clicking on the Designer's blog title to send you to their Home page.)

We hope you enjoy the New Reveal Blog Hop as much as we have enjoyed creating new projects for it.  We also hope that we have inspired you as well.  Thanks for joining us and remember to comment on each of the Designers' blogs to be eligible for the Grand Prize.  (We love reading them too since your comments also inspire us.)  Last month the winning comment came from Eret's blog. Who will be the Mystery Designer this month??





The Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge also begins today with lots of prizes and recognition badges.  Find out how you can become a SNS Featured Artist with special recognition on the SNS Facebook page as well as the Creative Challenge Winner's post.  From time to time, we also have special prizes just for Featured Artists.  The theme is always Anything Goes using Loose Glitter, Embossing Powder, and/or Flock.


Now, here is info on my card for the July 2015 Reveal!:

When I saw this Christmas Goose stamp set, I just knew I had to have it! There is nothing funner or more whimsical, than an animal all tangled up in holiday lights :) I absolutely love this image! And, the sentiments on this set are so punny. They are: 
All I want for Christmas is five minutes of peace and quiet; 
Seasons's Greetings from the funny farm; 
Dear Santa, is it too late to negotiate?; 
and Naughty or Nice? decisions, decisions.

And, I also LOVE Sparkle N Sprinkle's glitters! They have the most amazing colors, with rich, velvet smooth glitters, glitters with oomph, tinsel and texture, translucent glitters, opaque glitters, everything you need. Their Frozen Glitters collection is a MUST HAVE, and I got it to make this goose with the Frozen colors: Olaf White, Princess Elsa Frozen, Princess Elsa Frost, Princess Anna Royal, and Princess Anna Fuchsia. I love this glitter collection! Let's say hello to the Frozen Goose, shall we?


I stamped the goose from the Christmas Goose Stamp Set 721 with Tuxedo Black Memento ink. I colored the goose with Copic markers. I colored the light bulbs with Copics that were close to the glitter colors.
The sentiment I chose for this was the "All I want for Christmas is five minutes of peace and quiet" because it totally cracked me up, and is pretty much the truth! I colored a piece of white cardstock with a Copic marker, and then stamped the sentiment in Versamark ink, and heat embossed the sentiment with White Detail EP298 embossing powder. Here is a closeup of the sentiment:
This sassy goose was just begging for a glittery night cap. After coloring the cap with some purple Copic markers for a nice solid base, I brushed on some Brushable Glue 540 onto the cap, and covered it with Princess Anna Fuchsia glitter. Here is a closeup of the glittery cap:
The goose also is wearing some striped stockings. Who doesn't love a goose in socks? I colored his socks with the Copic markers and then used Brushable Glue and the Olaf White and Princess Anna Royal glitters, to match his cap.
I used the three lightest shades of glitter in the Frozen Glitters set for the lights. I colored the lights with Copic markers first, then adhered the corresponding glitter color with Dimensional Glue.
After the goose was done, I die cut him out with a Spellbinders Label Eight. I also adhered some wide Tear-ific Tape to some white cardstock, and die cut out gradually larger frames of Spellbinders Label Eight, and Spellbinders Decorative Labels Eight. I used the Princess Anna Royal, Olaf White, and Princess Elsa Frozen glitters on the layers. I also used some white fun foam to help lift and separate the layers.

This was a really fun card to make, that goose just makes me smile!

And, THANK YOU to Sparkle N Sprinkle for choosing me, along with these amazing Guest Designers, to share Sparkle N Sprinkle products with all of you. I am so truly honored to be part of the SNS team!

Keep checking out all these incredible projects! Your next stop on this blog hop is Shona's blog. Be sure to look at what she has in store for you, as well as all the other designers!


Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day! 

Chris

26 comments:

  1. This is adorable Chris. Love that you used the Frozen Glitters for this little guy. They work so well with him. That sparkly purple night cap is just gorgeous, to go along with his lovely striped stockings. Super job Chris.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shona! He was a lot of fun to color, and the Frozen Glitters were PERFECT!

      Delete
  2. Welcome to the team. This goose is adorable and funny and so is your card. Love that glitter set, too (I am also partial to Olaf). Great use of all the colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks E. Marie! This goose cracks me up, and I love Olaf glitter, and Olaf the snowman :)

      Delete
  3. Love what you've done with the Christmas Goose. He looks fabulous in his glittery stockings and hat. Welcome to the team!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne! Your Christmas Goose and mine could tango together :) His stockings crack me up :)

      Delete
  4. So pretty and sparkly! This stamp just makes me want to pull out the Christmas goodies!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! Christmas in July is always so much fun :) Who doesn't love Christmas lights and glitter! Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  5. FUN & FABULOUS card Chris :)
    LOVE your SPARKLING layers, LOVE your ADORABLE Christmas Goose with the POP of purple, LOVE the sentiments from this set too!!!
    ... I feel the NEED to start working on my Christmas cards => THANK YOU for sharing your CREATIVE INSPIRATION!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I love sparkle and glitter ... this goose made it easy to bling up! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  6. Oh my gosh, I love how you did the socks!! I love sparkle so that pulled me too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those socks were really fun! The glitter really made them sparkly and ramped up the fun. Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. Love the goose. All of the layers on the card really highlight him.
    His matching sock and hat are a hoot.
    thanks for sharing a darling card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary for stopping by! Enjoy all the fabulous creations by the amazing design team :)

      Delete
  8. WOW you sure dressed him nicely - love the back grounds you added as well.
    Thanks for the opportunity to win the sets would be wonderful to be a winner.
    thanks again
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Judy - Thanks for stopping by. That goose stamp is just too cute for words! Good luck!

      Delete
  9. This card is great! I love the Frozen colors and they worked perfectly with this card. The goose is great and the background is so fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! The Frozen glitters are amazing. Enjoy the blog hop and good luck!

      Delete
  10. Chris, your card is awesome. I love this stamp set too an the Frozen glitters. The way you sparkled up the goose is fantastic. Purple is good color for him :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eret :) I had fun coloring and glittering this goofy goose!

      Delete
  11. This goose really pops right off the card. Love your layering and embossing effects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Marj! This stamp set is so much fun, and can be taken in so many crazy and fun directions. Enjoy the rest of the incredible design team creations!

      Delete
  12. OH my goodness, there is just too much cuteness on one card! How absolutely magnificent! I love love love that hiliarious sentiment (4 kids here, I can relate!) and those socks! I love your creative flair and the fun-ness you added to this sparkly beauty - this is over the top one of THE BEST holiday cards! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MiamiKel - Thanks for visiting! These sentiments crack me up ... each of the four sentiments is spot on! Those goose was really fun to color and glitter. I know you will enjoy it :)

      Delete