Friday, April 24, 2015

Another Earth Day Anniversary (04/24/2015)

Yep, another Earth Day card ... to celebrate an anniversary. Let's look, shall we?


I stamped Lawn Fawn's Wish You Were Here globe on white cardstock, and then die cut it out and other cardstock with Lawn Fawn's Small and Large Stitched Square Stackables.

I colored the globe with Copic markers, and then used Sparkle N Sprinkle's Dimensional Glue (539) and added Sparkle N Sprinkle's Luau Green Velvet Glitter (microfine) (GM2004) over the land. I also brushed some Sparkle N Sprinkle's Brushable Glue (540) on the water, and covered it with Sparkle N Sprinkle's Aqua Water Flocking FL112. This added some dimension to the earth which made it all snap, sparkle, and pop electric:
I die cut a few more squares. On the next size up from the globe panel, I Copic colored the edges and stamped the edges with versamark ink and heat embossed two layers of Sparkle N Sprinkle's Super Thick Clear Semi-transparent Embossing Powder (EP230). I scraplifted an idea from a recent Sparkle N Sprinkle blog post (There Is Beauty In Simple Things), and covered the edges with Sparkle N Sprinkle's 1/2" Double Sided "Tear-ific" Tape (SAT04), and covered the adhesive with Sparkle N Sprinkle's Sparkling Sands Sparkle N Soft (SS118), which is a combination of flocking and glitter. Then, I ran this through my Cuttlebug in an embossing folder to give it texture. I layered this all up and placed it onto a square card base.

Here is a closeup of the super thick embossing powder and Sparkling Sands Sparkle N Soft layers:

I also decorated the inside. I cut more squares from white cardstock, and then colored them with some distress ink. I stamped Sparkle N Sprinkle's Flourish's 1 - Stamp Set 516 (OO-516P5). I also used Lawn Fawn's You've Got Mail stamp set to add some fun postmarks and sentiments. I also stamped and white heat embossed the Happy Anniversary sentiment from Lawn Fawn's Sophie's Sentiments set. Here is the inside:

And, closeups of the inside:



And, certainly had to make a matching envelope too, right?!? Here it is:

After I finished the card, I brought it over to my window sill to photograph it. While I was photographing it in natural light, a hummingbird landed on the window feeder on the other side of the glass! Without moving, I slowly angled my camera toward the feeder and started snapping photos, hoping that one of them would work - I wasn't able to look through the view finder and had to estimate where I was shooting. Here is the little fella who was feasting while I photographed it :)


 
Perfect for earth day, don't cha think?



Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day! 
 
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment