Friday, March 27, 2015

Sympathy in Spring (03/27/2015)

Sympathy cards are always tough to do. It is difficult to make something pretty and nice, but soft and subtle enough to help convey sorrow and sadness, but also hope that dark days will brighten somewhat.

Spring is a great way of sharing sympathy - we hope that life can be renewed and be a little less difficult. So, I chose my favorite go-to for spring, and did Cherry Blossoms for the card.

I used Distress Inks to create the background and then layered the die cut cherry blossoms and branches over the background. I added some pearls to the inside of the blossoms for more oomph.

I also did the inside of the card:

I heat embossed the sentiment, combining different sentiments from Lawn Fawn's So Much To Say in silver embossing powder, and stamped Lawn Fawn's Petite Florals some light pink flowers around the outside edges.

I hope this card helped my friend through a dark time.

Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day!

Chris

1 comment:

  1. Your sympathy card is beautiful. Love the background and the cherry blossoms are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete