Sunday, December 30, 2018

Sparkly Unicorn Birthday card

Happy day! I made this magical unicorn card for my niece's birthday. She likes horses, and her favorite color is blue. So, I made a blue magical unicorn :) Let's peek at the card, shall we?

Supply List:
Pinkfresh Studio Magical Unicorn stamp set
Pinkfresh Studio Magical Unicorn die set
Lawn Fawn Moonstone ink
Sparkle N Sprinkle Royal Blue embossing powder
Sparkle N Sprinkle Sparkle embossing powder
Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Gloss pen
Lawn Fawn Gift Card Pop-Up lawn cut
Versamark ink [VM-001]
Anti Static Bag [99512]
Versafine Onyx Black ink [VF-82]
Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive [200N]
Nuvo Smooth Precision Glue Pen [206N]
Tonic Tangerine machine [138e]
Tonic Easy Clean Craft Mat [1514e]


I started out by laying out the die cuts onto a piece of cardstock to "size" where I wanted things to be. Then, I masked off the area that the ears and the face would be with trimmed post-it notes so I didn't stamp in those areas. I then stamped the star cluster from the Magical Unicorn stamp set, using Lawn Fawn's Moonstone ink. I stamped the star clusters all around the background of the card. I also stamped out the unicorn horn with Versamark Ink and sprinkled on Sparkle N Sprinkle Royal Blue embossing powder. I heat set it and then die cut the horn with my Tonic Tangerine die cutting machine. I also die cut the ears, flowers, and leaves with the coordinating dies. I swiped the ears with Versamark ink and sprinkled on Sparkle embossing powder from Sparkle N Sprinkle. I heat set these as well. I layered up the ears, horn, flowers and leaves (which I had also stamped with coordinating ink colors from my stash), and adhered everything down using adhesive and foam adhesives for some dimension. I stamped the eye lashes and sentiment with Black Onyx ink and then sprinkled on more Sparkle embossing powder and heat set it.

I stamped a sentiment inside the card using Versamark ink and sprinkled on more Royal Blue embossing powder and heat set it. Here is a close-up of the inside sentiment.

And, because my niece wants Costco cash cards for her birthday and Christmas (since she is saving up for a very specific camera at Costco), I made a gift card holder using Lawn Fawn's Gift Card Pop-up lawn cut. I adhered the gift card popup to the inside of the card, and slipped in the Costco gift card.

I think she will love this card, I sure hope so. Happy Birthday to my sweet Hannah!

Thanks for stopping by. Have a magical day!

-Chris

Sparkle N Sprinkle compensated links are used when possible.
This blog post first appeared on Sparkle N Sprinkle's blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment