Friday, November 9, 2018

Hibiscus & Shell Mahalo card

I whipped out a Mahalo (thank you) card and wanted it to feel Hawaiian. This is what I ended up with. Let's check it out.

Supply List:
Heartfelt Creations Tropical Hibiscus stamp set & die
Lawn Fawn Quinns ABCs die
Nuvo Sunset Serenade Hybrid Ink
Nuvo Buttermilk Enamel Dots
pearl sprays
inks
pearls
flower shaping kit


I started out by stamping the Hibiscus, leaves, and shells. I stamped the Hibiscus with the Carrot color from the Nuvo Sunset Serenade Hybrid Ink set. The carrot didn't quite stand out as much as I wanted, and I wanted to add some gradation to the flowers too, so I added some darker ink from my stash on the outside of the flowers and stamped right over the carrot. This worked out great! Then, I die cut the flowers, leaves, and shells. I shaped them with my flower shaping kit.

I spritzed the shells with some shimmer sprays I had in my stash. I spritzed them with several colors. Once I layered everything together, I squeezed on some Nuvo Buttermilk enamal dots into the centers of the flowers.

I also die cut "mahalo" from white cardstock, using Lawn Fawn's Quinns ABCs die set. I spritzed them with a silver shimmer spray and popped them up with foam adhesive. I adhered some pearls all around the card to add some extra pizzazz.

This card was really fun. I like the shimmer and I love those hibiscus flowers! I love using flowers, and having the Heartfelt Creations dies means I can make as many as I want :)

Thanks for stopping by. Have a magical day!

-Chris

Sparkle N Sprinkle compensated links are used when possible.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous make Chris! Very unique with the flowers and shell combination.

    ReplyDelete