Friday, April 21, 2017

Hello Card for Mom (#16/52) {04.21.2017}

Howdy! This week's card for Mom is a smooshed emboss resist card :) As much fun to say as it is to do! I started out by stamping a background stamp with Versamark Ink onto colored cardstock, and sprinkling on Sparkle N Sprinkle's Sparkle embossing powder and heat setting it. Then, I smooshed some distress inks onto onto my craft mat, and spritzed with a few squirts of a mister. After wetting the ink, I dredged my embossed cardstock through the wet inks. Here is the card:

I wanted the image to not quite take center stage, and using the Sparkle embossing powder worked great! It gave the image some pizzazz and shine, while not really allowing the image to be perfectly seen. If I had used white embossing powder, it would have stood out really well. I wanted something softer, and this worked great! I die cut two outline style roses, and adhered them over the image on the card panel. I also used Sparkle N Sprinkle's White Detail embossing powder for the sentiment.Here is a close up of the sentiment, and a little better shot of some of the background with the Sparkle embossing powder, and some of the die cut leaves.

And, of course, I did up the inside! I used the same image inside the card. I stamped it in light pink ink onto colored cardstock. I then stamped the sentiment in Versamark Ink, sprinkled on more White Detail embossing powder and heat set it.

This was a fun card to make. I hope my Mom enjoys this sweet, simple, soft, ethereal Hello card.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a magical day!

-Chris

Sparkle N Sprinkle compensated links are used when possible.

3 comments:

  1. Very cute card! Love your background with the resist technique. Fun sentiment inside too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea, Chris! I saw another post today using a background stamp and resist technique, and fell in love with my background stamps all over again. For some reason, I've never considered using colored paper on the background before embossing. Is it a pale lavender background, then you stamped and embossed, and then applied the colors? Looks fantastic. Today you and Autumn have given me a whole new take on my background images! Beautiful card! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I love this back ground, so PRETTY!! Very pretty card and the inside, well, it made me smile!!

    ReplyDelete