Monday, January 16, 2017

Happy Birthday Card with Lace Background Glitter Technique {01.16.2017}

Hi! I made this fun and easy, and OH SO SPARKLY Happy Birthday card with only a few supplies. It came together pretty easily, and wow, look at all that sparkle!

I did the Sparkle N Sprinkle "Lace" Technique to make the background: I laid two strips of Sparkle N Sprinkle's 2-1/2" Double sided "Tear-ific" Tape side-by-side (with a very slight overlap so there wasn't a gap between the two) onto a card panel. I pulled off the release paper and covered it with a piece of lace. I sprinkled on Priceless Peacock glitter from Sparkle N Sprinkle. Then, I burnished it in to the release paper (through the lace) with my finger tool. After this, I removed the lace, which revealed the unglittered parts of the tape, and then sprinkled on and burnished in Bridal glitter from Sparkle N Sprinkle. This created a solid background that is super sparkly and has the lace design!!

For the sentiment, I die cut out "Happy" multiple times. I glued and stacked three of them together to provide depth, and set it aside. I layered a strip of 2-1/2" Double sided "Tear-ific" Tape on a scrap piece of white cardstock. I die cut this with the "Happy" die. I pulled off the release paper and then dusted the sentiment with Sparkling Snow glitter from Sparkle N Sprinkle. This made it super sparkly!! I glued this onto the stack of happy dies previously created. I also stamped out "birthday" with Versamark Ink Pad and dusted on White Detail embossing powder from Sparkle N Sprinkle. I layered the "birthday" strip over the card panel and then adhered the "happy" above it.

This created a really sparkly, fun, colorful background, with simple sentiments that pop out over the background.

I hope my friend likes her birthday card. This was a lot of fun to make!

Thanks for stopping by. Have a magical day!

-Chris

Sparkle N Sprinkle compensated links are used when possible.

1 comment:

  1. Love this, Chris! It's so happy and vibrant, and nothing celebrates a birthday like SPARKLE! Fantastic creation! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete