Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Sparkle N Sprinkle Wetlands Stamp Sets Card [07.20.2016]

Today's card is a card I made, as a designer for Sparkle N Sprinkle, using their new Wetlands stamp sets. These are two different stamp sets that are designed to work together so I used both of them (Wetlands 1 [DIGI790] and Wetlands 2 [DIGI791]). Let's check out the card!
I started by inserting the water & trees image into a document. I wanted a layered effect, so I added the overhead leaves, flying duck, and crane, as well from Wetlands 1 [DIGI790]. Because these were digital images, I was able to size them to exactly what size I wanted. I incorporated two of the images from Wetlands 2 [DIGI791]: the turtle on a log, and the lily pads. Once I had everything overlaid where I wanted the images, I printed the image onto white cardstock. I die cut out the image with a stitched rectangle die, and then busted out some distress inks and started blending in sunset colors and water colors. I wanted to highlight some of the waves on the water and make them sparkle in the evening sunlight. So, I pulled out my versatile and fun Sakura Glue Pen [Quicky] and traced along some of the waves. I sprinkled Ocean Semi-Transparent glitter [G1126] over the glue. Here is a closeup of the water.
Here is another image of the sparkly water and the lily pads, which I highlighted with Aqua Marine Semi-Transparent glitter [G1062], again using the Sakura Glue Pen [Quicky].

After my main image was done, I started on my frame. I adhered 3/4" Double-sided Tear-ific Tape [SAT05] on the edges of a rectangle, and then die cut an elaborate rectangle frame. The edges now had adhesive and the design cut into it! I peeled away the release tape for the sections that were inside the frame, and sprinkled Black Ice glitter [G1020] and burnished it in with my finger tool. Then, I revealed the rest of the frame, and sprinkled on Ocean Semi-Transparent glitter [G1126] over the rest of the adhesive and burnished it in! So pretty!
There are quite a few sentiments with these two stamp sets. I used the Happy Fathers Day sentiment from Wetlands 2 [DIGI791]. I printed it on white cardstock and die cut it out with rectangle die. Again, I used my Sakura Glue Pen [Quicky] and traced over the sentiment and then sprinkled Ocean Semi-Transparent glitter [G1126] over the words. Here is the first half of the sentiment.
Here is the second half of the sentiment.
Here is another shot of the sunset and frame. 
This was a really fun card to make. I love these silhouette images, and they are gorgeous. I can't wait to see what you make with these stamps too.


Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day! 

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment