Monday, January 4, 2016

Mahalo Hula Chick {01/04/2016}

My dear friend gave me a new stamp set, a sweet little chick in a hula skirt and coconut bra with a Mahalo (Hawaiian for Thank You) sentiment. It totally made my day! I just had to make her a Mahalo card using this sweet stamp. I love it!
To make this card, I first die cut out 3" x 4" Lawn Fawn's Stitched Journaling Card as my card front. Then, I stamped out the chick on the card front, and stamped the image again on masking paper. I fussy cut out the hula chick masking paper, and pasted it over the card panel stamped chick. I also cut more masking paper into a hill/ground slope and pasted that onto the card front too. Off I went with my distress inks! I distressed the background, and then removed the bottom mask and covered up the sky/background with masking paper. I then distressed the ground with green inks.


I removed the background and chick masks, and then used the negative space mask to cover up everything except the hula chick. I colored her with distress inks too. The mask covering the background allowed me to color her without messing up the background.


I also stamped out the Mahalo sentiment with Versamark ink, and heat set a yellow embossing powder on cardstock, and trimmed it with Lawn Fawn's Speech Bubble Border. I used a glue pen and traced the sentiment and then adhered Sparkle N Sprinkle's Daisy Velvet Glitter (Microfine) Semi-transparent GM2019 and Easy Green Semi-Transparent Glitter G1077 over it.

I needed MORE glitter ... so I added some onto the sweet little chick. I used more glue and added Desert Sand Velvet (Microfine) Glitter GM2023 to her coconut bra, and more Easy Green Semi-Transparent Glitter G1077 to her skirt.

And, to top her off, I used glue to add Ballerina Velvet Glitter (Microfine) GM2024 to her flower.

This fun little chick totally made my day, and my friend loved this card :) I hope you enjoyed it too!            
         
Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day! 
Chris

1 comment: