Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Silly Chicks {Sparkle N Sprinkle Mid-Month Mini Reveal} (07/15/2015)

Surprise!! 

Sparkle N Sprinkle is having a Mid-Month Mini Blog Hop

I created this card, with a gaggle of stylish, silly chicks sending birthday wishes

We have TWO new stamp sets that we couldn't wait to share with you.  These new sets are 20% off until July 18.  So once you finish the blog hop, head on over to the store and start shopping.  All of the new sets are available on cling mounted rubber or as a digital image.

The sets are:



Cool Chicks 725   (digi version DIGI725B)
Birds of a Feather 726   (digi version DIGI726B)
 
A WINNER will be selected from the comments left on the Designers' blogs and will receive BOTH of these new sets.  Please leave a comment with each Designer in order to be eligible for this Prize.  You never know who the Mystery Designer will be that has the winning comment.  
The Grand Prize Winner, will be announced on July 19 on the SNS Facebook page and on the SNS Blog.


The Blog Hop order for our Mini Reveal is:

Irit
Chris <<<<<<This is me!
Diane
Marie
Jess
Ani
Eret
Anne
Ashley
Shona

(*Tip: if you have difficulty with a particular link, try clicking on the Designer's blog title to send you to their Home page.)

We hope you enjoy this surprise Mini Reveal as much as we have enjoyed creating new projects for it.  And hopefully, we have inspired you as well.  Look for more of these cute chicks in the future too :-).

Thanks for joining us and remember to comment on each of the Designers' blogs to be eligible for the Grand Prize.  (We love reading your comments since they also inspire us.)  No one knows who the Mystery Designer will be for this Mid-Month Blog Hop.


I used both stamp sets for this card. I used Cool Chicks 725, and Birds of a Feather 726. I wanted the gaggle of cute gals together, so I stamped each stamp onto post it note paper, and then fussy cut them to make masks. I laid out the masks to see which chick should be in front, and how to place them. I played with this a little bit until I got them in a fun lineup. I stamped the chick with the handbag first, covered her with the mask, and then stamped the other chicks and masked them as needed until they were all lined up.

I colored them with Copic markers. I wanted the super sassy chick, with the hand bag to pop and sparkle a little bit more than the others because I think she is the ring leader of the shenanigans afoot with this group. After coloring her with Copics, I used Brushable Glue (540) and coated her body area. I covered her with Daisy Velvet Glitter (Microfine) Semi-transparent (GM2019). I also stamped out an extra image and fussy cut out the handbag and sunglasses, and covered them in glitter too. The handbag and shades glitter is Tyrian Opaque Glitter (G1089). I also used Glossy Accents over the colored lenses to give her eyes some more depth and shine.

This silly birdy  needed some pizazz too. I colored her and then used the trusty Brushable Glue (540) again to cover her and then sprinkled Evening Glow Semi-Transparent Glitter (G1086) over her.


The sweet chick had a flower in her hair. I colored it as well with Copics, then adhered Easy Green Semi-Transparent Glitter (G1077) with Brushable Glue (540).
I also used a new product to me, which Sparkle N Sprinkle carries, which is Ken Oliver Crafts Color Burst water color powders. They are AWESOME! I used the Pthalo Green (KN-09103) and Ultramarine Blue (KN-06066) to color the grass and sky. Even though the Ken Oliver Crafts Color Burst water color powders did a great job, I wanted a little more sparkle on the card, so I adhered 2-1/2" Double Sided "Tear-ific Tape" (SAT11) over cardstock, then punched it out with a grass border punch. I adhered Luau Green Velvet Glitter (Microfine) (GM2004) over it. This was the perfect blend of grass and glitter!

And, I stamped out one of the sentiments from Cool Chicks 725, with White Detail Embossing Powder (EP298) cut it with a Spellbinders die in to a label shape, colored it with distress ink, used a glue pen and adhered more Tyrian Opaque Glitter (G1089). This glitter is so beautiful. I love it!
To add a bit more shimmer to the top of the card too, I punched out a cardstock strip with a punch with stars. I adhered a strip of 1/2" Double Sided "Tear-ific Tape" (SAT04) and adhered Blue Lighting (G1008) glitter through the star holes. I colored the cardstock to match the sky background, and attached it to the card panel.
 
These stamp sets are so perfect. I love punny and sassy stamps, and these two sets will be getting a lot of use :)


The next stop on our blog hop is Diane. Make sure you check out her amazing creation!


Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day! 

Chris

25 comments:

  1. What a great birthday card! Love how you combined them all together and I love all the glitter too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your little group of chicks. Reminds me of my friends - I am the sweet one with the flower, of course (: Awesome job with all the details and glitters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute ..love all the sparkle and fun embellishments!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris, I love the "whole gang" together! What a fantastic idea! You did a wonderful, sparkly job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such fun in this card - love your choice of the "boss"! Certainly used lots of gorgeous product on this one Chris. Love what you did!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the chicks and all the sparkle on your card! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally adorable - the glitter does the trick - it really makes the chicks stand out - love it thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh your cards are just so darn cute! The chicks and birds of a feather are just awesome! The gals remind me of my sister's and I lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. So-o-o cute! I think the sassy chick with the handbag looks like a marshmallow chick. Your use of that glitter came out great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Darling card- love the chicks all together- and the Sparkle : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your card! I also love all of the GLITTER you used! Great layering the chicks, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how cute! I love how you grouped them together, and all of the texture that you added!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh how cute! I love how you grouped them together, and all of the texture that you added!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh how cute! I love how you grouped them together, and all of the texture that you added!

    ReplyDelete
  15. SUPER CUTE card Chris!!!
    Your line-up of feathered friends is ADORABLE, especially with the added SPARKLE!!!
    Your combination of masking, grass and star border add sweet dimension too - LOVE IT ALL!!!
    PS - I have never added sparkle behind decorative borders like this before - THANK YOU - it's a really COOL idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun card. You make it sound so easy, but I am a klutz when it comes to shiny sparkly things, more ends up on me then on the design. Thanks for sharing your steps in this fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous idea to use thouse chicks together. Love it! You made them look even cooler then they are. Your card is gorgeous, Chris.

    ReplyDelete
  18. A super cute card. I love how you have put the chicks together and gave them lots of sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the grouping.
    the chicks are so cute with their embellishing.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love youe chicky party! Looks great with all the vibrant colors and bling and dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh oh Oh! This is so cute AND humorous, Chris! Love your masking to create a crowd. Colors are super vibrant! The flocking and Sparkle n Soft look fantastic, too! I've enjoyed browsing your blog today and have become your newest google follower! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  22. You really illustrate the "thousands " of variations using these stamps! So talented!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow I bet you were sparkling for days! Cute design using all the birds, too.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love all of the sparkled birds. Super cut. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is just adorable Chris!

    ReplyDelete